Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hero by Leighton Del Mia

Hero
Author: Leighton Del Mia
Published: February 26th, 2014

Hero is a standalone novel told in dual points of view. Contains dark themes not suitable for all audiences.

*Calvin Parish*
They call me Hero.
I defend.
I protect.
I ask for nothing in return, and that makes me good.
Doesn't it?

That which makes me the ultimate predator also feeds dark impulses I've lerned to control ---- until I bring her too close. For years I've watched her from afar, but what started out as duty has become obsession.

*Cataline Ford*
I work hard
I play by the rules.
I'm content.
My scars are quiet and invisible, that keeps me hidden. Doesn't it?

One fateful walk home, I'm taken by someone I didn't know I should fear. Captive and afraid, nobody will tell me why I'm confused to this hauntingly beautiful mansion. I'm given everything; I have nothing. He takes what he needs from me, and for that I hate him. But might have loved him once. 

And just because you're reading this doesn't mean I survive him. 

Review:

**There are spoilers in this review**

When I read the description for Hero by Leighton Del Mia, I was alittle wary. However I was intrigued. It was more of where is she going with this? Will it be worth it too read? I read it in one sitting. I was alittle taken back in some parts. But I was able to read it easily. I do warn you though. There are dark themes in here and they shouldn't be taken lightly.

Cataline was a foster child girl that just wanted to get away and start her own life. She's in a dead end job that she hates, has a crush on the owner of the company and hates her boss. She lives with her friend Frida, who wants her to branch out and take more control. Cataline is more of a low key, quiet girl. She's not crazy wild and she's assertive but not that assertive. After going to lunch with Frida and meeting a guy, her life gets thrown for a loop. Her gut feeling was there was something weird about Guy Fowler, but she still tried to go ahead with a date. It was after that she was taken from outside her home.
 

Calvin Parish is an angry jerk. When he is in the office, he makes Catalines life hell. What's worse is he doesn't know about her crush on him. Calvin has a secret. He may be known as Calvin Parish, but he is also Hero. The 'superhero' that goes around getting rid of the criminals in their town. Nobody knows that it's him. He has a hero complex but he also has a conscience that makes him feel guilt for something he had no control over.
 

After Cataline is kidnapped from her street, she is placed in a large mansion overlooking a roses. She meets Norman, the caretaker of the home. She wants answers and no one will tell her. He tells her the 'master of the house' will tell her what she needs to know when she needs to know it. When she pulls a stunt that jeopardizes herself and her captor she is taught a lesson... Sexually. Of course I had to stop a few times bc of the graphic-ness, but besides the way the sex took place didn't mean the scenes weren't HOT. I feel weird saying that but it's true.
 

After she continually gets herself in trouble with the 'master', she finds his true identity. Everything she felt, everything he did to her, was a coping mechanism, in my opinion. For both of them. Cataline begins experiencing Stockholm syndrome, but she still wants to leave. She wants out. She wants her life back.
 

The sex continues but it becomes more of a want than a punishment. Her captor starts feeling like he's wrong. He knows he needs to let her be, let her go. No matter what he thinks he owes, keeping her locked up it's solving anything. If anything it's causing ten to both feel things they shouldn't.
 

This definitely was a different story. If non-con makes you queasy I think I would recommend you leave this one on the shelf. Overall, I think it was a good book with a bit of a beauty and beast in it. That's probably why I like it so much. I think you should definitely give it a chance even if you think you shouldn't. It wasn't as bad as it may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment