Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher

Mud Vein
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Published: April 5th, 2014

Summary:

When reclusive novelist Senna Richards wakes up on her thirty-third birthday, everything has changed. Caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, Senna is left to decode the clues to find out why she was taken.
If she wants her freedom, she has to take a close look at her past. But, her past has a heartbeat...and her kidnapper is nowhere to be found. With her survival hanging by a thread, Senna soon realizes this is a game. A dangerous one. Only the truth can set her free.

Review:

I’m not really sure how to review Mud Vein. I’m not one to turn from a dark story and this one interested me. I was very let down after finishing the story. I felt the climax was really anti-climactic and just lame. I was bored overall and I felt like I was forcing myself to read it. The writing itself is beautiful. Tarryn writes very well and I think that was what kept me reading, but this book just didn’t do it for me. The cover is absolutely gorgeous. That was what originally drew me in. Some people will really like this book, but it just fell short.

There isn’t much I can say about the book without giving away spoilers. It’s the type of book that you have to read and see for yourself. This is honestly the first book that I didn’t have much to say about. Plus as I continued reading it became more of a “Why am I still reading this?” and “Honestly…why go through all of this trouble just for that?” It didn’t make sense and eventually pissed me off. I’ll go out there and tell you to give the book a chance. Just because I didn’t care for it, doesn’t mean you won’t like it.

Purchase Links:

Barnes and Noble

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment