Thursday, April 3, 2014

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe, Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Published: March 18th, 2014

Summary:

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

A passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance, Maybe Someday will immerse readers in Sydney’s tumultuous world from the very first page.

Review:

I absolutely loved “Maybe, Someday”!!! I like this is one of my new favorite books! What is so great about this book is that it is one of the most original that I’ve read in a long time. I was completely taken in with this story. I didn’t want to stop reading and I finished it quickly. The characters were real and I could put myself in the book. Everything that happened was something that could happen to anyone. Everything about this book captured my heart. My heart went from one direction to the next so many different times that I didn’t know what how to handle it, but I loved being torn in so many directions. I cried and I laughed. I stopped reading at one point to compose myself. It was an emotional rollercoaster and completely worth it.

Sydney was such an awesome character. She was sweet and kind. She was so strong that she handled the things that were thrown her way with passion. She handled them so well and as a reader I was so proud of her.

Ridge was the boy next door type character. He is gorgeous, kind, and a very talented musician. What we learn about him shocked the heck out of me, but made me love him even more. He was the perfect guy in all sense. Every time I was read about him, I would melt even more and more. He made me feel comfortable, even for a book character… he has the very high chance of possibly stealing book boyfriend.

The two of them start making music together and how they did it was amazing. Everything about it is beautiful. Ridge was having a hard time and Sydney was just the inspiration that he needed. They both gave the other something that they were missing. They both were able to help each other with their problems. Everything that each of them gave to the other brought them out of the slump that they were in.

What was even better with this story is that it came with a real live cd. The songs that were put together were all brought to life. Listening to the songs and reading the book just made the book more real.  After reading and ‘watching’ them compile these songs and then getting to listen to them just made the book feel more believable.

Throughout the book, you are immersed into love triangles and new friendships. This book is also in dual POV so you are able to see it through Sydney and Ridge’s eyes. That helps you feel the book better.

I’m not going to give you any more information because then it will just give you an excuse not read it. This book was worth every second that it took to read it. I loved every part and you will too. 

Purchase Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment