Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: The Hazards of Sex on the Beach by Alyssa Rose Ivy

The Hazards of Sex on the Beach
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Release date: July 21st, 2014

I received an early copy of this book for an honest review. Thank you Inkslinger PR!!!

Summary:

One broken heart, one drink too many, one steamy night in the sand...

No one warns you about the dangers of drinking with a broken heart. At least no one warned me. I never imagined I'd fall for a musician, especially not one like Chase, but then again I never expected to have my heart broken into a million pieces by the frat guy I thought was the love of my life.

Sometimes it's the rash decisions, like hooking up in the sand, that lead you to the best places—the kinds of places where it's possible to let yourself fall in love again.

Review:

I was given an early copy of “The Hazards of Sex on the Beach” and I was so completely taken back by it. Of course, I probably should have read the first two books in the series before reading this one, but I wasn’t lost. I wasn’t completely thrilled with the storyline to begin with, having felt like I had recently read one similar, but I was drawn into Alyssa Rose Ivy’s writing.

Cara’s initial meeting with Chase was by chance of course and it was hot. With Cara trying to forget about an unfaithful ex-boyfriend, she drinks heavily.  Naturally anything can happen and with alcohol in her system, I began wondering if the attraction was because of that or because she truly liked him. Immediately hitting it off and talking about things that were important to her I liked where it was going. Things lead from one thing to another and the two have HOT sex, on the beach. However, when Cara doesn’t give her number or any of means of contact to Chase, it’s clear that everything with Chase was just a way to forget about everything.

I loved Cara’s playful personality. She knew when she needed to be serious and when she could laugh and play. I definitely felt like she was more serious than anything, but she really was sweetheart that was burned and was picking up the pieces. Her friends were great. They gave her space when she needed space; they lifted her up when she was down. They were a great backbone for her. I loved Rachel’s character also. She was witty and fun. She added more to the story and whenever she was in a scene, she was so much fun to read.

Chase was such a sweetheart. He was a rock star, without the ‘love me, I’m a rock star’ personality. He was so laid back and that made me love him more. He really seemed too good to be true. He truly is a book boyfriend because finding a guy like that seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack. Finding Chase was perfect for Cara. He was what she needed to really get over her ex. He proved to her that she was special. That she was a beautiful girl. Watching the two of them work through such a long distance relationship was refreshing. Yes, it hurt. Yes, there were times when the other wanted the other to be with them. However, even though it was a book, it proved that long distance relationships can work if you put your mind body and soul into them.

I really, really enjoyed this book. It was so refreshing seeing as the last couple of books that I read were disappointing. I’m looking forward to picking up the first two books in the series and reading about the other characters. You won't be disappointed when you read this book. Definitely take the leap of faith and give it a try! This book can be read as standalone and there is no cliffhanger.  

Buy Links: 

No comments:

Post a Comment