Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review: Connected by Kim Karr

Connected
Author: Kim Karr
Published: May 7th, 2013

Summary:

What if a “Once in a Lifetime” could happen twice?

In Dahlia London’s world, happily ever after is a far cry from reality. Her soul has been left completely shattered by tragedy. But a surprising reunion with someone from her past is about to give her a reason to love again…

When rock star River Wilde comes back into Dahlia’s life, their super-charged connection runs deeper than either of them ever expected. The more time they spend together, the more intense their relationship becomes, and Dahlia believes at last she has found her soul mate.

But as old bonds fade and Dahlia’s grief begins to lift, her guilt and confusion remain. River desperately wants to be the one who mends what’s been broken—but with a past that refuses to stay buried, is it possible for their future to begin?

Review:

Finally was able to get my hands on Kim Karr’s “Connected” and “Torn”. I have mixed reviews about these two books. I will be reviewing both of these so you’ll have my thoughts quickly. I think overall I liked the second one, “Torn” better than the first novel “Connected”. I wanted to like “Connected” but after I got through the middle of the book I started to dislike it immensely.

Let’s start with “Connected”. It had everything that I was looking for. I loved the beginning. There was enough that even though it had similarities to other stories that I had read, it had its differences. However, after hitting a certain point, I started to dull on me. After Dahlia suffers from more tragedy she is reacquainted with someone from her past.

Dahlia meets with River and the draw she felt to him once before starts to be rekindled. She compares him to a past love and it begins to bother me. Everyone is different and honestly, just because someone does something doesn’t mean the other person is going to do it the same way. I understand if someone meant that much to you, you are going to compare a little bit but its starts getting overwhelming. I really liked River’s character. He was a bad boy, but he also had the charm and the respect for women that I love. He’s definitely a red-blooded male and has sex on his mind all the time, but he’s sweet. After we meet River, we meet his brother Xander and his sister Bell. After meeting them, Xander is continually telling River that he needs to tell Dahlia something. I think I read faster to find out what and then WE DON’T FIND OUT!!! So along with the cliffhanger at the end I was kept on my seat.

Now, I’m not one to shy away from a book with sex in it, but I felt like every time I turned the page, Dahlia and River were going at it again. I actually wanted to through the book at one point because of it. Then they are talking about how each of their bodies moves and which way they turn. I didn’t need to know that she twitched her nose. The storyline didn’t suffer I suppose, but I would have liked some more of their characters. You learn about Dahlia’s job, but after she starts dating River it’s like that job has just disappeared. You lose the development of what she loves to do and I loved her job. If I had the time and patience to be a photographer, I would do it.

Overall, I liked "Connected". Would I recommend it to someone? Sure. It wasn't that bad even though I wanted to throw the book at one point. The cliffhanger that Kim Karr leaves you at the end killed me. I couldn't have been more frustrated and more OMG when I read the last bit of the book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment