Saturday, May 31, 2014

Review: Tempting the Bodyguard by J. Lynn

Tempting the Bodyguard
Author: J. Lynn
Published: May 12th, 2014

Summary:

He can protect her from everyone except himself.

Alana Gore is in danger. A take-no-prisoners publicist, her way with people has made her more than a few enemies over the years, but a creepy stalker is an entirely different matter. She needs a bodyguard, and the only man she can ask is not only ridiculously hot, but reputed to have taste for women that goes beyond adventurous.

Chandler Gamble has one rule: don't protect anyone you want to screw. But with Alana, he's caught between his job and his increasingly hard libido. On one hand, Alana needs his help. On the other, Chandler wants nothing more than to take the hot volcano of a woman in hand. To make her writhe in pleasure, until she's at his complete mercy.

She needs protection. He needs satisfaction. And the moment the line is crossed, all hell will break loose…

Review:

After reading 'Tempting the Best Man' I was ready to learn about the other two Gamble brothers. I was not disappointed. After waiting for 'Tempting the Bodyguard' I devoured the book. I read this book in one sitting and after learning more about Chandler... I'm having a hard time picking which one I like the best!!!

In 'Tempting the Bodyguard' we finally get to peak into the world of Chandler Gamble. Chandler is a snarky, egotistical, jerk but sometimes sweet guy. I was very curious to see of he was actually going to be able to 'tame' Alana. We first met Alana in 'Tempting the Player' the second book in the series. Honestly, she was a royal bitch and after that book I don't even know if I wanted her to have a happily ever after. But, alas, everyone should be able to find that. Alana is a tough bitch. She holds back her emotions because she thinks that's what she needs to do. She doesn't have anyone to turn to in times of trouble which I find sad.
 

When threatening emails that she had been receiving start getting worse she turn to chandler for help. He is the only one that she could think to turn too. Chandler is already hard for her after his encounter with her preciously in 'Tempting the Player' and this just makes his want for her more. Their connections grows throughout the book and even though I enjoyed every bit of it, i wish there had been a little bit more of a chase. Chandler continually talked a it chasing her but I felt in that aspect, it fell short for me.
 

The suspense part of the book was predictable and it seemed to have been forgotten about in a few parts. However, it didn't bother me at all because I just wanted to see how steamy Jennifer could make this book. The sexual tension before and then the actual display went far and above my expectations! I wasn't disappointed at all!

All in all, this book was exactly what I was looking for! I didn't think I would be able to like Alana, but I did and even the epilogue made me want to read more about her. She deserves more. I'm still having a hard time picking out who is my favorite but Chase is still my top choice and Chandler comes in at a very close second! All three of these boys deserves another book.

No comments:

Post a Comment